Sunday, November 2, 2008

BREAK THE BUSTLE


I do not post new articles on education in this blog for a long time. I'm too busy, at least, that’s the reason that I proposed to myself. The burden of work accumulates at this time. Then, I will move to new house in a moment. Many of time needed to resolve the various issues that must be done and must be fulfilled immediately. So, my blog is neglected.
One time, I shared with a friend on the unstopped bustle. I say; when will I get spare time for reading books such as the young? When will I get enough time to be able to write articles, small books, or daily record?
Some friends say that it's experienced by all people. We have leisure when we were young. But when going adults, being married, having children, many of time spent to get subsistence, to educate and to keep the children. It’s reasonable if we can not do things - like when we were young.
Is this a phase that must be passed by each person? All have been determined as it does not need to be mentioned?
I almost accept the opinion, until a teacher said to me that we actually have much spare time we can take advantage to do various things that are useful. Only, he said, we are often less smart to set the time so it can be used well.
He then told stories about leaders of the past era who left their names in history as the people with the extraordinary ability to do. Useful even for people at the present time. I nodded, confirming nod. It is not wrong.
Then why the leaders in the past were able to do big things but we cannot? The facilities of the past and today are much different. In the past, there had been no electricity, no quick vehicles, the book was still minimal, many scientists walked for months to find a qualified teacher in the field to study to him. However, they could write hundreds volumes of books, laying the foundation for modern science. Why? I asked.
Because the facilities that we enjoy now, is a blessing and a curse for us at once, he replied. Facilities do not help us but only make us lazy to work hard. Indolence is one that can deface human potential.
After that I pondered the words of my friend. I remember what I do during my days that I call them as full of bustle days. And I know that I have much spare times. And that is true; I am not that kind of busy man.
I teach a maximum of half an hour until lunch. After that I go home. Until getting the house, while lunch, I can still read the book. Even after lunch, while maintaining my children playing, I still have some time to read up ashar time.
After ashar, after my children take a bath and usually eat their dinner with their mother, I could write one or two paragraphs. After Maghrib, I still have time to teach my children to read the Koran and read Latin letters. After ISYA ', after my children sleep, I can still continue to read books or write. Still plenty of time, until I can’t open my eyes.
In fact, I wasted a lot of free time only to watch television, sitting and chatting not important things and I can still say that I am really busy.


You can read the Indonesian version here


0 comments:

Post a Comment